Excerpts from the letter I wrote to myself during Initiation. I just got it in my mailbox! I was such a peppy little chica, wasn't I? Actually, my spirit has been returning lately. No more bitter angry Hanhan. To quote Dave, "I win at life"!
It's funny reading this silly little letter. I was so on target about my life here at MIT. I worked so hard to remain positive, upbeat, academically successful, and make friendships in these college years. I've actively tried to create a life worth living. Perhaps that's why I was so upset last night....it's the idea that I would have to start all over again when I leave. It's not so much fear that I won't find fulfillment as much as reluctance to begin over again. I'm sure that I'll make the most of my future, though, just as I have of these years here.
Date: April 3rd, 2004
Dear Hanhan,
You survived course 6! (granted you're still a 6-er when you graduate). On this morning, so many things are on your mind. Take a minute and savor the moment. You're struggling with the hells of 6.042 and 6.001. You realize that your home is no longer Pittsburgh. On the bright side, you now have a NEW and wonderful family! I have a kick ass sister, Steph Cho. I bet when you read this, years from now, you'llk have found a lifelong connection with this ultra-talented chica!
I wonder how AXO will shape my life in the years to come. Already, it has given me a sense of "family", "love", and "stability" - all crucial to your personal happiness here at MIT... (blah blah more personal stuff)
Congratulations on your graduation! I hope that you have multiple job offers, acceptance into the best grad schools, and *few* guy adventure stories. I know that you've worked really hard to get here, even as you've worked hard, emotionally and academically, to be accepted into MIT in the first place. Your life has blossomed. From the girl who thought she was stupid, who "would never get into a good college or find a decent job" -- she has been replaced by a girl who exudes positivity and confidence. Enjoy these moments and know that life is the most unbelievable roadway ever. You're worked hard, and you deserve to savor your successes. And always know your sisters will be there for you. Congrats, Han^2.
PS. Remember that dream job...project manager of TI? or Oracle?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
=) I'm glad you feel like your peppiness has returned, although I have a problem imagining a Hanhan without that. Granted, maybe it's because I've only known you for a semester, but still. Congrats, Han^2. And I can't wait to go on the town with you!!
I'm glad you finally made peace with MIT, so to speak =D you've worked hard and had your ups and downs over the last four years, but you survived! and you even have a beaver ring to show for it...er, was it a beaver? well anyway, enjoy your last few weeks and see you back in the WEX
Minh - I used to be peppy and cheery like you!! People can't believe it when I tell them that.
Tiffany - I can't wait to see you! Claire is scheduling her graduation party around me...what do you think I should get her? Maybe something funny - do you want to shop for her together? And yes, it's a beaver..hahahaha.
Post a Comment