Thursday, July 19, 2007

Realistic Expectations

I don't know what to think of those post-college life. To say that I'm unhappy would be wrong. I'm quite content with my new routine - no more freaking psets to finish every night. I also love the antenna design work at Orbital. My co-workers are all Asian men aged 35-50, and they treat me with respect as well as kindness. To say that I'm happy would also be wrong.

I'm not a good person with change. I suck it up and take every possible step to succeed, but I'm generally pretty miserable during the process. Surprising, you don't think that I have these weaknesses and moments of wanting to hide in my blankets? Yeah, I do. I'm human and that's just how I roll. So DC is going to take some getting used to. Laura and I are going to try it for a year, and then we're hitching out West if it's really sucky. In the meantime, we have a great apartment if you ever want to come here and visit us!!

I'm gonna post about CTY tomorrow...still trying to figure out how to capture the experience in words.

No comments: