Monday, June 4, 2007

Life Goals

The summer after freshmen year, my pal Victor told me to make a list of 100 Life Goals. I could only come up with 59 goals at that time, so I spent this afternoon drawing up some new ones. These goals were both tangible and theoretical. For example, #21 Learn a string intrument versus #28 Live in the moment. I run through this list at the end of each semester, crossing off ones that have been achieved. Today, I safely crossed off #18 Make enough to support myself and #10 Make efforts to LISTEN to others, ask about thier lives.

This Friday, I get to cross off a goal that has taken four years to achieve. #31: Graduate from MIT. Damn Straight.

Some still to go on the old list of 1-59.
#30 Be less stressed
#33 Be there for my little brother as he grows up in our family. Be able to fly him to my apartment for a weekend if he can't deal with mom & dad.
#44 Patience

So here are some on the new list of 60-100.
#63 Go to Napa Valley
#64 Get my PhD or Master in Electrical Engineering
#70 Throw away my scale
#74 Triathalon
#78 Cancun reunion during Spring Break 2027 - just like the housewives I met on the plane (Note: NONE of us better be housewives in the future)
#89 Travel to all 50 states (14 more to go: Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming, N Dakota, S Dakota, N Carolina, S Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, Montana, Alaska, Hawaii, Tennessee, and Kentucky)
#93 Constant personal development

No comments: